Sunday 25 January 2015

K-POP ARTISTS OF THE WEEK: HIGH4

Alex, Kim Sunggu, Baek Myung Han, and Yim Young Jun.
This week's featured K-Pop artists are the boy group, HIGH4. 

HIGH4 debuted in April 2014 with the song, "Not Spring, Love, Or Cherry Blossoms." The song was a collaboration with IU, finding great success on Youtube with almost 17.5 million views in total. They earned the #1 position on Billboard's official K-Pop chart. Watch it below. 


They then moved onto another collaboration, this time with the unique and very talented Lim Kim. The song was called, "A Little Close." It's a terrific song that unfortunately garnered nowhere near as much attention as their collaboration with the very popular IU. It has just over 700,000 views on Youtube, which pales in comparison to their mega-hit debut. Watch it below. 

At long last, HIGH4 released a song that features only them. It would be one of the funkiest, nostalgic, retro K-Pop songs I've ever heard. Its name, "Headache." The MV is filled with colour, the choreography is wonderful, and the song is just undeniably groovy. It has garnered just under 500,000 views on Youtube so far. They deserved much more success with this song. I'd call it one of the most underrated songs of 2014. Watch it below.


Finally, we have gotten to my favourite part. HIGH4's most recent release is a song called "Day By Day." They changed up the vibe and gave their fans something new. A somber, beautiful, fresh song that is surprisingly very moving. It takes a lot to make me feel emotional. I haven't researched what the song is about, or taken much notice of what happens in the MV. Yet the way they sing the song makes me feel emotion well up inside of me. Not many K-Pop songs have done that to me before. While I've loved all of their releases so far, Day By Day is my favourite song from HIGH4. Watch it below. 


Now, I'd love to hear from you guys. Is HIGH4 your cup of K-Pop?

What's your favourite HIGH4 song?
Who's your favourite member?

No comments:

Post a Comment