Thursday 26 February 2015

Why I Don't Like VIXX's 'LOVE EQUATION.'


GEAR UP K-POPPERS! Here is my harshest review yet. VIXX (my favourite boy-group of 2014) is on the receiving end of my criticisms. See what I hate about the MV and song below:

2014 was an amazing year for VIXX. Eternity was a great hit and displayed everything that makes VIXX one of the greatest boy groups out there. The song was incredible and the MV was electrifying. They then went on to release ERROR, which was my favourite K-Pop song released by a boy group in 2014. It was powerful, emotional, beautiful, and unforgettable. I was obsessed with it for months.

They've now released LOVE EQUATION. There are two big reasons as to why I cannot fall in love with it.

1. It sounds like an average song from a boy-group that has just debuted. (VIXX can do better). Seriously, the only thing I like about this song is the chorus. I think everything else sounds unrefined and cheaply produced. It's something I would expect from a boy group with hardly any money to back their production.

2. The MV has NO originality to it. It's recycled choreography, sets, outfits... everything. I felt awkward watching it at times too due to the cheesy and misplaced choreography at the start of the MV.

The song isn't awful... but I honestly don't think it's good. A nice chorus doesn't make a good song. I truly love the chorus... but the rest makes me cringe. As for the MV, I can't watch it all the way through anymore. I don't mind cute concepts for songs and MV's, so long as they are executed well. I personally didn't feel any love for VIXX's comeback. Love Equation is like being given a polished rock when you are expecting a beautiful gemstone. I feel like at this stage in their career, each comeback should be like a sparkling diamond.

However, if you love cute concepts and all things cute, perhaps you'll like VIXX's new song and MV. I'm probably the only one out there that finds it to be just average. I want to hear what you think, because Love Equation is not my cup of K-Pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment